7 Tips to Extraordinary Communication
30 Seconds or Bust! The Key To Good Communication
Today, we will touch briefly on communication and some tips that will help you get the results you need.
Rock Star Performers with extraordinary communication are hard to find. Those that have it can nail it every time. Bill Clinton, Ronald Reagan (in his prime) and Barak Obama are great examples of people who have mastered communication and how they deliver messages.
Bill Clinton Rock Star Performer
It has been said that Bill Clinton can enter a room and the entire room can sense his presence.
I have experienced this myself a number of times with people who have high levels of confidence in themselves.
People are drawn to you almost trance like. That is amazing Rock Star Performer quality
Waffle Leads to “A-Ha”, “Oh”, “Mmmm” Moments
Regardless of whether you are promoting or selling something or about to share an experience, please get the point quickly and go into more detail once the receiver is engaged. There is nothing worse than a whole story being told before the communicator has got to their point and you have drifted off so much that you the only way you can respond is with a “A-ha, oh, mmmm” because you have no clue what they said, due to having gone through that evening’s shopping list or visualizing how good a cold beer would be right now.
Make Someone Feel Like They Are Important
When you engage with someone, there is so much power in being present with them. Really look at them. It will make them feel like the only person in the room and that they are important. Rock Star Performers do this all the time.
Be A Better Communicator – 7 Tips To Successful Communication
- Studied and watch some of speeches of Clinton, Obama, people you admire and see if you can gain some insight that can improve how you engage people
- Great communicators love meeting and being with people. Learn to overcome shyness.
- Do exercises to increase your confidence and self esteem
- Focus on the person you are with and not the person who just walk by or caught your eye
- The dress the way you want to be perceived
- Learn to get your point across in 30 seconds
- Ask friends for feedback / video yourself giving a presentation or speech
One last point for today – Good communication is also about knowing when not to talk. We will go into more detail on that next time when look at Listening.
What are your Biggest Challenges?
We all have challenges, some big, some small. I would love to hear from you about your challenges and I will do my best to address them in future articles:
- Do you want to information on dating or How to be when you’ve meet Mr or Miss Right?
- How to dump Mr or Miss Wrong?
- How to have a better relationships?
- Want to start you own business?
- Change career or climb the ladder?
- Are you stressed out?
- Want to learn more about how to plan and structure your life?
Let me know….. Until next time….