Valentines Day (Dread or Love?)
For some of us out there we are coming to that dreaded time of year: Valentines Day or Sad-Times Day as I like to call. In honour of the occasion, I’ve decided to step into my desired writer persona, Sex and the City’s Carrie Bradshaw for the rest of this article.
Sad-Times’s Day can bring trauma to many out there (women in particular). Why? Because they think that there’s a stigma to being single. This isn’t help by some of those around. Noted stigma name callers include Aunties, work colleagues, all your married / partner friends, parents in denial for those you out there who are gay.
To make matters worse, Valentines Day falls on a Sunday this year so you can’t even fake a romance by sending yourself flowers or chocolates to the office so the aforementioned work colleagues think you are have a secret you are holding back from them!
So What To Do?
Bringing it back to basics, Valentines can be seen as one big money making scheme with the love long gone. It gives retailers, hoteliers and restaurateurs a perfect excuse to mark up products and services by 25%-50%.
Being single actually means you are financially better off! Rejoice in your S!
No arguments over where to eat, dead flowers, liquor chocolates and best of all, you can actually get away with forgetting that it is Valentines Day. What more could you want in this GFC crisis we read about all the time?
If expressing love is the true intent of Valentines, then may be we should live each and every day with love in your heart – for you, your loved ones and mankind. Don’t wait for 1 day a year to make someone feel special…
“Being single used to mean that nobody wanted you. Now it means you’re pretty sexy and you’re taking your time deciding how you want your life to be and who you want to spend it with.” – Carrie Bradshaw…
How to Survive Valentines Day as a Single Person- 9 Not Very Useful Tips…!
- Eat ice cream
- Delete all profiles and cancel subscriptions to dating websites
- Eat BBQ chicken (no plate, hands only)
- Watch Bridget Jones diary
- Eat more ice cream with some vodka thrown in to feel like Bridget Jones
- Buy Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred to get back in to shape (this DVD works miracles for the waistline)
- Have 1 last scoop of ice cream
- Go out with some of your fellow single friends and cool partnered up couples and have some fun!
- Come home and eat the remaining BBQ chicken followed by another last scoop of ice cream
Remember that you are fabulous regardless of whether you are single or married… Have a great Valentines one and all…